Health, Safety and Environment
At Tianqi Lithium, we are committed to building a culture that supports best practice health, safety and environmental outcomes for our employees, contractors, visitors and the broader community. We believe that sound HSE performance is key to a sustainable business and is integral to our decision-making processes. We also recognise that our people are the cornerstone to achieving this.
Tianqi Lithium HSE Aims
- Set a clear vision and direction for the organisation to deliver desired HSE performance.
- Empower our people to take responsibility for their own safety and that of their colleagues by fostering a supportive environment based on trust, honesty, respect, accountability and open communication.
- Promote visible leadership at all levels of the organisation to encourage an open dialogue with our workforce on HSE matters.
- Systematically identify potential hazards and establish suitable controls to ensure that risks are minimised and managed at the appropriate level of the organisation.
- Implement risk-based, pragmatic and relevant systems to support the achievement of HSE objectives.
- Ensure that employees and contractors understand their HSE responsibilities, and have the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to competently perform their duties safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Comply with all relevant HSE Legislation, Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo and seek new and innovative
approaches to improve our HSE performance.
- We want to have the courage to challenge the status quo and seek new and innovative approaches to improve our HSE performance.